Step 1: Gather the list of required items listed below.
Step 2: Check out online or call (877) 917-9438 to place your order.
Step 3: Send the list of required items to 1 East Erie, Suite 525 Chicago, IL 60611
Swift Passport is a non-government, third party service that acts as a professional emissary between the US State Department and the passport applicant to secure passports in as little as 1 day. If you do not need to expedite your passport, have a travel date more than 6 weeks away, or if you do not wish to use a third party service to obtain your passport, please consult the State Department website for further instruction.Close & Continue with SPS Visit the State Department
Emergency Passport Replacement Services
Please use the instructions below if ALL of the following criteria apply to you. If the criteria do not apply to you please reference our passport services page to determine which instructions to use.
- You lost your U.S. passport that is still valid, -or-
- You lost your U.S. passport and it expired less than 5 years ago
- You lost your U.S. passport and are unsure if it expired less than 5 years ago
View all of our expedited passport services
Required Passport Items
Proof of US Citizenship
You must provide an original or certified copy of your state issued U.S Birth Certificate, your original Certificate of Naturalization, or an expired passport that is in good condition. This document will be returned to you with your passport. For information on how to obtain a certified copy of your birth certificate click here
- Photocopies are not accepted
- Birth Records are not accepted (these often are small with hand and footprints and are issued by a hospital)
- US citizens born abroad will need to include a birth abroad certificate
DS-11 Passport Application
- Option 1: Click here to print a PDF version of this form. Complete it using black or blue ink.
- Option 2: Complete this form online, via the Department of State website and print it.
- Enter all information requested- missing information can cause delays
- You will come to “Summary of Fees” page (only check $60 Expedite Fee & Passport Book Fee) & click SUBMIT
- on the next page, scroll to bottom and click CREATE FORM
- The completed DS-11 Passport Application form will open as a PDF document, PRINT THIS FORM
DO NOT SIGN THIS FORM YET, step 3 will explain in detail when you need to sign this form.
DS-64 Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen Passport
- Click here to print a PDF version of this form. Complete it using black or blue ink, and sign it.
It is important that you do not leave any fields blank. Be very specific and include detail in your answers. Applications that say things like "I don't know how I lost my passport" are frequently rejected until a more detailed DS-64 can be submitted.
Copy of Photo ID
Copy of both sides of your current valid driver's license, government ID, state ID, or Military ID
- Photocopies are accepted- must be able to see photo and ID number
- ID must be 6 months old or older.
- If you do not have government issued ID or your ID is not 6 months old, you will need to submit supplemental ID.
2 Original Letters of Authorization
Complete and sign 2 identical Letters of Authorization. Download Letter of Authorization Here
One copy will go inside the sealed envelope and one should be attached to the outside of the envelope. Continue on to read more about getting your application executed and more about sealed envelopes.
Payment to the Government- Payable to: U.S. Department of State
Personal check (no starter checks accepted) or money order made payable to U.S. Department of State. Checks written for any other amount than listed below will cause at least 1 business day delay. Temporary or starter checks are not accepted. Write the applicant's name and date of birth in the memo section of the check. A $10 service fee will be charged in the event Swift Passport Services needs to submit a replacement check.
- For a Passport Book only: $170
- For a Passport Book and Card: $200
- For a Passport Card only: $90
2 Identical Passport Photos
Photo Requirements: Photos must have been taken in the last 6 months, be 2 inches by 2 inches in size, and have white background with no patterns or background objects visible. Photo must be in color and be free of glare. Ears should be visible, and you must be facing forward. Dark glasses, headbands, and spaghetti straps are not permitted. Feel free to smile!
- Option 1: email a photo to Swift Passport Services email@example.com using the following guidelines. Swift Passport will size and print your passport photos for a nominal fee of $15.
- Photo file needs to be attached to the email as a .jpeg file. Other file formats cannot be properly formatted
- Have someone else take the picture of you; please do not send pictures you take of yourself.
- Photos need to be taken with a digital camera, phone camera photos will be of insufficient quality
- Please do not attempt to resize or format the photo in any way
- Option 2: Obtain 2 passport photos from a passport photo service (Walgreens, CVS, FedEx, etc.). Include these photos in your package to Swift Passport Services.
Proof of Departure
Please provide ONE of the following
- A photo-copy of your airline ticket or a copy of your itinerary from your travel agent, airline, or online booking company
- A letter detailing your business travel. Follow the sample "company letter of expedite" format.
- A letter explaining that you will be driving to Canada and/or Mexico. Include intended departure date, intended return date, and destination
If for some reason you cannot provide one of the above, please contact Swift Passport Services for further instruction.
Emergency Passport Replacement Services Notes
Once you have collected the above items, you will need to take them to a post office or county/city clerk to get the application executed by a "passport acceptance agent." To find an acceptance agent near you, you can search by zip code by visiting http://iafdb.travel.state.gov/. The agent will administer an oath, execute your DS-11, instruct you to sign your DS-11, and put the application materials in an envelope. If the agent does not want to put ALL of the application materials into the envelope (such as the copy of ID), that is OK, but it is important that you send them to us anyway. Please note that if the Passport Acceptance agent prompts you to write a check for an amount other than $170, $200 or $90, the check will not be accepted, and your application will be delayed until a replacement check is provided. The agent will then put their official seal on the envelope. You must have your driver's license or State ID with you. If you are getting more than 1 application sealed, it is important that each application is in its own sealed envelope. Multiple applications in 1 sealed envelope may be denied. If you have problems or questions while getting your application executed please call Swift Passport Services at 877.917.9438
Passport Pricing Options
|Processing Time||Service Fee||Government Fee*||Total Cost**|
*Ask us about writing a check for the Government fee for $5.
**Total cost does not include return shipping. See options at checkout.