Step 1: Gather the list of required items listed below.
Step 2: Check out online or call (877) 917-9438 to place your order.
Step 3: Send the list of required items to 1 East Erie, Suite 525 Chicago, IL 60611
Swift Passport is a non-government, third party service that acts as a professional emissary between the US State Department and the passport applicant to secure passports in as little as 1 day. If you do not need to expedite your passport, have a travel date more than 6 weeks away, or if you do not wish to use a third party service to obtain your passport, please consult the State Department website for further instruction.Close & Continue with SPS Visit the State Department
New Passport Expediting Service
Please use the instructions below if ALL of the following criteria apply to you. If the criteria do not apply to you please reference our passport services page to determine which instructions to use.
- You are applying for your first U.S. passport -or-
- Your previous U.S. passport was issued when you were under age 16 -or-
- Your previous U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago -or-
- Your previous passport was valid for 5 years only
View all of our expedited passport services
Required Passport Items
Proof of US Citizenship
You must provide an original or certified copy of your state issued U.S Birth Certificate, your original Certificate of Naturalization, or an expired passport that is in good condition. This document will be returned to you with your passport. For information on how to obtain a certified copy of your birth certificate click here
- Photocopies are not accepted
- Birth Records are not accepted (these often are small with hand and footprints and are issued by a hospital)
- US citizens born abroad will need to include a birth abroad certificate
DS-11 Passport Application
- Complete this form online, via the Department of State website and print it.
- Enter all information requested- missing information can cause delays
- You will come to “Summary of Fees” page (only check $60 Expedite Fee & Passport Book Fee) & click SUBMIT
- on the next page, scroll to bottom and click CREATE FORM
- The completed DS-11 Passport Application form will open as a PDF document, PRINT THIS FORM
- Printed application must look like the image below, with a 2D barcode in the upper left corner:
DO NOT SIGN THIS FORM YET, See below for detailed explanation of when you need to sign this form.
1 Passport Type Photo
Photo Requirements: Photos must have been taken in the last 6 months, be 2 inches by 2 inches in size, and have white background with no patterns or background objects visible. Photo must be in color and be free of glare. Ears should be visible, and you must be facing forward. Dark glasses, headbands, and spaghetti straps are not permitted. Feel free to smile!
- Option 1: email a photo to Swift Passport Services firstname.lastname@example.org using the following guidelines. Swift Passport will size and print your passport photos for a nominal fee of $15.
- Photo file needs to be attached to the email as a .jpeg file. Other file formats cannot be properly formatted
- Have someone else take the picture of you; please do not send pictures you take of yourself.
- Photos need to be taken with a digital camera, phone camera photos will be of insufficient quality
- Please do not attempt to resize or format the photo in any way
- Option 2: Obtain a passport photo from a passport photo service (Walgreens, CVS, FedEx, etc.). Include photo in your package to Swift Passport Services.
2 Original Letters of Authorization
Complete and sign 2 identical Letters of Authorization. Download Letter of Authorization Here
One copy will go inside the sealed envelope and one should be attached to the outside of the envelope. Continue on to read more about getting your application executed and more about sealed envelopes.
Payment to the Government- Pay to: U.S. Department of State
Personal check or money order made payable to U.S. Department of State. Checks written for any other amount than listed below will cause at least 1 business day delay. Temporary or starter checks are not accepted. Write the applicant's name and date of birth in the memo section of the check. A $10 service fee will be charged in the event Swift Passport Services needs to submit a replacement check.
- For a Passport Book only: $170
- For a Passport Book and Card: $200
- For a Passport Card only: $90
Copy of Photo ID
Copy of both sides of your current valid driver's license, government ID, state ID, or Military ID
- Photocopies are accepted- must be able to see photo and ID number
- ID must be 6 months old or older.
- If you do not have government issued ID or your ID is not 6 months old, you will need to submit supplemental ID.
Proof of Departure
Please provide ONE of the following
- A photo-copy of your airline ticket or a copy of your itinerary from your travel agent, airline, or online booking company
- A letter detailing your business travel. Follow the sample "company letter of expedite" format.
- A letter explaining that you will be driving to Canada and/or Mexico. Include intended departure date, intended return date, and destination
If for some reason you cannot provide one of the above, please contact Swift Passport Services for further instruction.
Expedited New US Passport Notes
REQUIRED NEXT STEPS
- VISIT A PASSPORT ACCEPTANCE AGENT
Once you have collected the above items, you will need to take them to a post office or county/city clerk to get the application executed by a "passport acceptance agent." To find an acceptance agent near you, you can search by zip code by visiting http://iafdb.travel.state.gov/. The agent will administer an oath, execute your DS-11, instruct you to sign your DS-11, and put the application materials in an envelope. If the agent does not want to put ALL of the application materials into the envelope (such as the copy of ID), that is OK, but it is important that you send them to us anyway. Please note that if the Passport Acceptance agent prompts you to write a check for an amount other than $170, $200 or $90, the check will not be accepted, and your application will be delayed until a replacement check is provided. The agent will then put their official seal on the envelope. You must have your driver's license or State ID with you. If you are getting more than 1 application sealed, it is important that each application is in its own sealed envelope. Multiple applications in 1 sealed envelope may be denied. If you have problems or questions while getting your application executed please call Swift Passport Services at 877.917.9438
- SHIP ALL REQUIRED ITEMS TO SPS
We highly recommend using FedEx or UPS to ship the application materials to us with NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED as they are the most reliable shipping service and will provide you with accurate tracking information. Shipping delivery times with the United States Postal Service have shown to be unreliable. ALL 1 Day Passport services need to be shipped to SPS via FedEx First Overnight, no signature required, or by UPS Early AM, no signature required. If we do not receive your package by 8:30 AM the 1 day process will be delayed by at least 1 business day. Please ship your application materials to our Chicago location unless you have discussed an alternate location with our passport and visa specialists. Swift Passport Services can email you a pre-paid FedEx airbill to use for inbound shipping upon request. Please call or email us if you would like us to email you a pre-paid air bill.
Passport Pricing Options
|Processing Time||Service Fee||Government Fee*||Total Cost**|
*Ask us about writing a check for the Government fee for $5.
**Total cost does not include return shipping. See options at checkout.