Step 1: Gather the list of required items listed below.
Step 2: Check out online or call (877) 917-9438 to place your order.
Step 3: Send the list of required items to 1 East Erie, Suite 525 Chicago, IL 60611
Swift Passport is a non-government, third party service that acts as a professional emissary between the US State Department and the passport applicant to secure passports in as little as 1 day. If you do not need to expedite your passport, have a travel date more than 6 weeks away, or if you do not wish to use a third party service to obtain your passport, please consult the State Department website for further instruction.Close & Continue with SPS Visit the State Department
Expedited Second Valid Passport
Please use the instructions below if ALL of the following criteria apply to you. If the criteria do not apply to you please reference our passport services page to determine which instructions to use.
- You can submit your most recent, valid, undamaged passport (which will be returned) -and-
- You are traveling to a country where your current, valid passport will not be accepted due to Visas or entry stamps -or-
- You need to travel during a period of time when your passport will be at a foreign consulate getting a visa
View all of our expedited passport services
Required Passport Items
Your U.S Passport
Your Passport must be in good condition. If you have less than 1 year validity we recommend you renew your passport before you obtain your second passport
DS-82 Passport Application
- Complete the Passport Renewal Application form online, via the Department of State website and print it.
- Enter all information requested- missing information can cause delays
- You will come to “Summary of Fees” page (only check $60 Expedite Fee & Passport Book Fee) & click SUBMIT
- on the next page, scroll to bottom and click CREATE FORM
- The completed DS-82 Passport Application form will open as a PDF document, PRINT THIS FORM AND SIGN (NO DOUBLE SIDED PRINTING)
- Printed application must look like the image below, with a 2D barcode in the upper left corner:
Request for a Second Valid Passport
- A letter written by yourself or your employer explaining why you need a second passport. This letter should detail upcoming trips that require you to have a Second Valid Passport.
- In addition to this letter please complete and sign the Request for a Second Valid Passport form.
1 Passport Type Photo
Photo Requirements: Photos must have been taken in the last 6 months, be 2 inches by 2 inches in size, and have white background with no patterns or background objects visible. Photo must be in color and be free of glare. Ears should be visible, and you must be facing forward. Dark glasses, headbands, and spaghetti straps are not permitted. Feel free to smile!
- Option 1: email a photo to Swift Passport Services firstname.lastname@example.org using the following guidelines. Swift Passport will size and print your passport photos for a nominal fee of $15.
- Photo file needs to be attached to the email as a .jpeg file. Other file formats cannot be properly formatted
- Have someone else take the picture of you; please do not send pictures you take of yourself.
- Photos need to be taken with a digital camera, phone camera photos will be of insufficient quality
- Please do not attempt to resize or format the photo in any way
- Option 2: Obtain a passport photo from a passport photo service (Walgreens, CVS, FedEx, etc.). Include photo in your package to Swift Passport Services.
2 Original Letters of Authorization
Complete and sign 2 identical Letters of Authorization. The first TWO check boxes MUST be checked on this form for SPS to complete this service. DO NOT check the 3rd box on this form, if checked, SPS will not be able to expedite your passport application. Please write "Swift Passport Services" in the "Courier Company Name"- Any other name in that field will cause delays in processing. Download Letter of Authorization Here
Payment to the Government- Payable to: U.S. Department of State
Personal check (no starter checks accepted) or money order made payable to U.S. Department of State. Swift Passport Can write this on your behalf for $5. Checks written for any other amount than listed below will cause at least 1 business day delay.
- For a Passport Book only: $170
- For a Passport Book and Card: $200
- For a Passport Card only: $90
Proof of Travel
- If you are applying for a Second Valid Passport because you have confilicting travel dates, itineraries for BOTH travel dates are requried. Unfotunately there are no exceptions to this.
- If you are traveling to a country where visas or stamps in your current passport will not allow entry, a flight itinerary showing travel to that country is required.
Expedited Second Valid Passport Notes
SHIP ALL REQUIRED ITEMS TO SPS
You will need to send SPS your actual primary passport to obtain the secondary passport. Unfortunately, there are no exceptions.
Passport Pricing Options
|Processing Time||Service Fee||Government Fee*||Total Cost**|
|1 Business Day||$275||$170||$445|
|2 Business Days||$225||$170||$395|
|3 Business Days||$199||$170||$369|
|5 Business Days||$160||$170||$330|
|7 Business Days||$135||$170||$305|
|8-10 Business Days||$99||$170||$269|
|11-12 Business Days||$75||$170||$245|
*Ask us about writing a check for the Government fee for $5.
**Total cost does not include return shipping. See options at checkout.