Step 1: Gather the list of required items listed below.
Step 2: Check out online or call (877) 917-9438 to place your order.
Step 3: Send the list of required items to 1 East Erie, Suite 525 Chicago, IL 60611
Swift Passport is a non-government, third party service that acts as a professional emissary between the US State Department and the passport applicant to secure passports in as little as 1 day. If you do not need to expedite your passport, have a travel date more than 6 weeks away, or if you do not wish to use a third party service to obtain your passport, please consult the State Department website for further instruction.Close & Continue with SPS Visit the State Department
US Passport Renewal Service
Please use the directions below for the expedited US passport renewal service if ALL of the following criteria apply to you. If the criteria do not apply to you please reference our passport services page to determine which instructions to use.
- Your passport expired less than 5 years ago or it is still valid
- Your passport is in good condition and is in your possession
- Your passport was issued in the U.S.A.
- You were age 16 or older when your passport was issued, and it was valid for 10 years
View all of our expedited passport services
Required Passport Items
Your US Passport
Your Passport must meet the criteria listed above.
- If your expired(ing) passport is noticeably damaged, please contact a Swift representative, as you may be required to follow the New Passport Insructions
DS-82 US Passport Renewal Application
- Option 1: Click here to print a PDF version of the US Passport Renewal application form. Complete it using black or blue ink, and sign it.
- Option 2: Complete the passport renewal form online, via the Department of State website and print it.
- Enter all information requested- missing information can cause delays
- You will come to “Summary of Fees” page (only check $60 Expedite Fee & Passport Book Fee) & click SUBMIT
- on the next page, scroll to bottom and click CREATE FORM
- The completed DS-82 Passport Application form will open as a PDF document, PRINT THIS FORM
2 Original Letters of Authorization
Complete and sign 2 identical Letters of Authorization. Download Letter of Authorization Here
Payment to the Government- Payable to: U.S. Department of State
Personal check (no starter checks accepted) or money order made payable to U.S. Department of State. Swift Passport Can write this on your behalf for $5. Checks written for any other amount than listed below will cause at least 1 business day delay.
- For a Passport Book only: $170
- For a Passport Book and Card: $200
- For a Passport Card only: $90
2 Identical Passport Photos
Photo Requirements: Photos must have been taken in the last 6 months, be 2 inches by 2 inches in size, and have white background with no patterns or background objects visible. Photo must be in color and be free of glare. Ears should be visible, and you must be facing forward. Dark glasses, headbands, and spaghetti straps are not permitted. Feel free to smile!
- Option 1: email a photo to Swift Passport Services email@example.com using the following guidelines. Swift Passport will size and print your passport photos for a nominal fee of $15.
- Photo file needs to be attached to the email as a .jpeg file. Other file formats cannot be properly formatted
- Have someone else take the picture of you; please do not send pictures you take of yourself.
- Photos need to be taken with a digital camera, phone camera photos will be of insufficient quality
- Please do not attempt to resize or format the photo in any way
- Option 2: Obtain 2 passport photos from a passport photo service (Walgreens, CVS, FedEx, etc.). Include these photos in your package to Swift Passport Services.
Proof of Departure
Please provide ONE of the following
- A photo-copy of your airline ticket or a copy of your itinerary from your travel agent, airline, or online booking company
- A letter detailing your business travel. Follow the sample "company letter of expedite" format.
- A letter explaining that you will be driving to Canada and/or Mexico. Include intended departure date, intended return date, and destination
If for some reason you cannot provide one of the above, please contact Swift Passport Services for further instruction.
US Passport Renewal Service Notes
Helpful Hints for Passport Renewal
It is important that you do not leave any fields on the US Passport renewal form blank. If it is necessary to cross something out, strike through the word(s) 1 time and initial next to it. If you have several cross outs, it is best to start over with a new passport renewal application. The information you provide should match the information on your current passport.
Passport Name Change
If your name has changed since your last passport was issued, you will need to include an ORIGINAL document such as a marriage certificate or divorce decree that proves your name was legally changed. You will also need to include a copy of a valid photo ID that shows your new, changed name. If you do not have government issued ID or your ID is not 6 months old, you will need to submit supplemental ID.
Original documents will be returned. If you have not legally changed your name, make sure you list your name(s) the same way that you did on your previous passport. To prevent delays sign all documents the same; if your signature varies, it could delay your service.
Passport Pricing Options
|Processing Time||Service Fee||Government Fee*||Total Cost**|
*Ask us about writing a check for the Government fee for $5.
**Total cost does not include return shipping. See options at checkout.