Supplemental Passport ID

Learn what forms of identification can be supplemental when applying for a passport.

Supplemental or Secondary Identification

If you do not have a valid driver’s license or state ID OR if for some reason the Passport Agency has requested that you provide additional proof of identity, you will need to provide copies of secondary ID. While 2-3 of these items is sometimes sufficient, the Passport Agency sometimes wants to see 5-10 of the items below. All documents submitted will be considered, including any type of ID that has expired, such as a driver’s license or state ID. We recommend over-preparing by including as many of the below as possible to prevent delays in your service.

Try to Include as Many of the Items Listed Below

  • Professional ID card
  • Government ID card
  • Student ID card (high school or college)
  • Driver’s license
  • Military records
  • Selective service registration card
  • Union membership card
  • Military ID
  • Business Licenses
  • Professional licenses
  • Public assistance card
  • Marriage certificate
  • Divorce decrees
  • Grammar school diploma or transcript
  • Actual High school yearbook
  • Credit cards
  • Insurance policies/ cards/ claims/ statements
  • Expired passport
  • Baptismal certificate
  • Voter registration card
  • Vehicle registration card
  • Birth records
  • Census records
  • Property ownership records
  • Tax records


Scroll to Top