Are you located in or near the San Francisco, California area and need a visa or passport in a hurry? Swift Passport and Visa Services is here to help with our new visa and passport drop-off/pick-up office located in the heart of breathtaking San Francisco, California. You can say goodbye to any worry that your passport won’t arrive on time, and instead relax and look forward to your upcoming travels.
How to Renew Your Passport Remotely
Our remote location in San Francisco, California is a safe place for customers to drop off their visa and passport applications. From there, the applications will be sent to our office in Chicago where we will process the documents. Finally, your visa or passport will be sent back to our San Francisco office for you to pick up. If for some reason you need your visa or passport in a hurry, we’ll ship your completed documents directly to your business office or home.
Required Passport Renewal Documents
Figuring out the specifics on what you’ll need to obtain a passport can be confusing, (especially when it comes to your passport photo). Below are the documents you’ll need in order to obtain a passport:
- Two Original Letters of Authorization: You’ll need to complete and sign two identical Letters of Authorization. You can download the Letter of Authorization here. One copy will go inside the sealed envelope and one should be attached to the outside of the envelope. If there isn’t a second copy sent to Swift with the sealed envelope, the service will be delayed by at least one business day.
- DS-11 Passport Application: Complete this form online, via the Department of State website and print it. Enter all information requested – missing information can cause delays. Handwritten applications will not be accepted by the passport agency.
- Payment to the Government (Payable to: U.S. Department of State): You’ll need a personal check or money order made payable to the U.S. Department of State. Checks written for any other amount than listed below will cause at least a one business day delay. Temporary or starter checks are not accepted.
- Proof of US Citizenship: You must provide an original or certified copy of your state-issued U.S Long Form Birth Certificate, your original Certificate of Naturalization, or an expired passport that is undamaged and in good condition.
- One Passport Type Photo: Photos must have been taken in the last six months, be two inches by two inches in size, and have a white background with no patterns or background objects visible. The photo must be in color, ears should be visible, you must be facing forward, and cannot be wearing glasses, headbands, or spaghetti straps. You can check out the whole list of photo guidelines on our website.
- Copy of a Valid Photo ID: Be sure to have a copy of both sides of your current valid driver’s license, government ID, state ID, or Military ID. Photocopies are accepted but you must be able to see photo and ID number. The ID must be six months old or older, and if you don’t have a government-issued ID or your ID is not six months old, you’ll need to submit a supplemental ID.
- Proof of Departure Within Two Weeks: You’ll need a copy of your flight itinerary from your travel agent, airline, or online booking company/copy of plane ticket. A print out of the confirmation email that you are emailed after booking a flight is ideal. Learn more about proof of travel here.
- Photocopy of All Application Materials: In order to streamline the process, please include photocopies of all application materials that will be sealed inside the envelope. We will need a copy of your DS-11 application, Swift letter of authorization, proof of travel, your check to the U.S. Department of State, proof of US citizenship, a copy of valid ID(s), and a copy of your passport type photo.
Where is the San Francisco Office Located?
1390 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
Directions to Our San Francisco Office
Why Should I Use Swift Over a Competitor?
Since 2008, Swift Passport and Visa Services has been the go-to choice for busy travelers in need of expedited passports and visas. Swift has some of the highest customer ratings and reviews in the industry, and with a network of partnerships nationwide, Swift Passport Services can reach clients in all 50 states. Swift is authorized by the US Department of State and has access to all foreign consulates nationwide in six major cities.
Still not sold on using Swift? Take a look what some of our previous customers had to say about our services:
“We recently needed to get a new child passport for our daughter before we left for Toronto. Our travel plans were made on the fly and we needed to get her passport as quickly as possible. We decided to use Swift and were able to get everything done in one day. They took the time to answer several calls, emails, and addressed a few freak outs from us. In the end, we got what we needed when we needed it. Their team is really helpful and understands the hassles travelers can go through. I will use Swift again and encourage others to do the same!” – Amber Khan
“Swift Passport Services is not only good, they went beyond the call in helping me get a visa for China. I spoke with them numerous times and had a lot of questions, and they were very patient. They could not have been more helpful. The best part is that they are in the same building as the Chinese consulate, which helped immensely. If you need a passport or visa, I highly recommend them based on my experience.” – Francis Doyle
New Non-Rush Passport Service
While it’s true that most of our travelers are in a hurry to get their passports issued for upcoming immediate travel, we now have a service to assist people who are not in a rush but need a little extra help getting the requirements together.
For only $59, travelers can come into our office and our knowledgeable team will assist with the following:
- Assistance completing all required government paperwork.
- Two passport photos guaranteed to be approved by the Passport Agency.
- Access to a passport expert who can answer all of your questions.
- Money order to pay the government fee (this fee is separate from our $59 service fee).
- We’ll book Passport Acceptance Agent appointments for you if your service requires an acceptance agent.
- We ship everything to the Passport Agency for you.
- Clear instructions on how to track the status of your application once it’s sent to the Passport Agency.
This service could come in handy for you if you plan on flying anytime after October 2020 when the REAL ID Act is put into place. Once the REAL ID Act is put into effect, you can still drive legally with your old (valid) license and use it as ID for other things – like paying for alcohol. But if you need to fly somewhere, you’ll need to provide another form of federally approved ID in order to board your flight, such as a passport.
Have Any Additional Questions?
If you have any additional questions about our new drop-off/pick-up location in San Francisco, California, about the passport requirements, or anything else travel related, please feel free to contact us – our expert team would love to help! No matter where you’re traveling to, we’ll get you there!