Expedited Ethiopia Visa Service
If you need help getting an Ethiopia visa, count on Swift to make the process easy and hassle-free.
You must enter Ethiopia within NINETY (90) days of issuance of the visa. Usually, business or tourist visa is valid up to two (2) years from the issue date. However, you can stay only as permitted by custom/immigration official, usually, up to 30 days at a time. If you need to stay longer, you need to ask border official upon arrival to Ethiopia.
Before You Apply
Know you will need to have the following basic documents when you apply for your Ethiopia visa. Other documents may be requested. You will be provided with a full list of documents and requirements when you submit your order through Swift.
Make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months.
You may need to provide supporting documents such as a flight itinerary for tourism, a letter or invitation for business, or a program acceptance letter for students.
For traditional visas, you’ll be asked to complete an application specific to the country you are traveling to. For e-visas, the application will be electronic.
Applying for a Ethiopia Visa: 3 Easy Steps
Click Order Now and you will be asked a few questions about your passport to check that it is valid and has not expired. You’ll then enter basic contact information and choose visa options from our dropdown menus until you are guided to the right visa product for your travel needs. In some cases, it may be a traditional visa. In others, it will be an e-visa (electronic visa). You will then submit your order and make payment.
After you submit your order, you will be provided with a full list of requirements that must be fulfilled along with a list of documents. Swift will guide you through these items step-by-step. Once you have gathered all documents, you will ship them to Swift using FedEx or UPS (do NOT use USPS). You will ship documents to:
Swift Passport & Visa Services
1 E Erie St
Chicago, IL 60611
If you are applying for an e-visa, you will complete your application online and we will direct you to the application page after you submit your order.
Swift will review your information, application, and carefully check your documents. If anything is missing or incorrect, we will reach out to you immediately. Once everything is in order, we will process your visa. It will then be shipped to you. We will update you throughout the process so you know when your visa will arrive.
Why Choose Swift
The Swift team consists of travel experts who have decades of industry experience. From processing passports, to understanding the ever-changing requirements for visas, our team is highly knowledgeable and eager to help. Count on our expertise to make the travel document process easy for you.
Small But Mighty
We're a small team, but a mighty one! Since the day we started Swift, customer service has been our top priority. We're able to provide the same solutions larger companies offer, but with the special attention to detail that only a smaller team can deliver. At Swift, every customer matters. We go out of our way to ensure each interaction is positive and personable.
Applying for a passport or visa is one of the most frustrating things a person can do. We do our part to make sure the process is easy and convenient for every customer. Whether you want your paperwork reviewed by an expert, need to know which step is next, or have questions, our entire team is here to guide you.
We are effective communicators who know how important timelines are, especially when our customers are about to depart for international trips. Our team will always provide you with up-to-date information about your travel documents and go the extra mile to make sure you remain informed.
Start Your Order to Receive a Quote
Visa prices vary and are dependent on the country, type of visa, processing time, and shipping. When you start your order, you’ll be provided with a quote for your visa.
Important Ethiopia Visa Details
- You must enter Ethiopia within NINETY (90) days of issuance of the visa. Usually, business or tourist visa is valid up to two (2) years from the issue date. However, you can stay only as permitted by custom/immigration official, usually, up to 30 days at a time. If you need to stay longer, you need to ask a border official upon arrival to Ethiopia.
- It is important that you do not apply for your visa too early; you must enter Ethiopia less than 90 days after the day your visa is issued.
- Visas are typically valid 1 year or 2 years for business and tourism; you may stay in Ethiopia for 30 days per stay, Business travelers or employees of non-governmental organizations (NGOs) who intend to stay for 90 days or more must apply for a residence card/work permit in order to continue working and living in Ethiopia.
- Ethiopian visas ARE NOT available at the border crossing point at Moyale or at any other land border in Ethiopia. Ethiopian tourist visas (one month or three month, single entry) may be available to U.S. citizens upon arrival at Bole International Airport in Addis Ababa in some cases.
- Per the U.S. State Department Website: ” The on-arrival visa process is available only at Bole International Airport and is not available at any of the other airports in Ethiopia. The visa fee at Bole International Airport is payable in U.S. dollars. Business visas of up to three months validity can also be obtained at Bole International Airport upon arrival, but only if the traveler has a sponsoring organization in Ethiopia that has made prior arrangements for issuance through the Main Immigration Office in Addis Ababa. In some cases, U.S. tourist and business travelers have not been permitted to receive visas at Bole International Airport or have been significantly delayed.”