Step 1: Gather the list of required items listed below.
Step 2: Check out online or call (877) 917-9438 to place your order.
Step 3: Send the list of required items to 1 East Erie, Suite 525 Chicago, IL 60611
Swift Passport is a non-government, third party service that acts as a professional emissary between the US State Department and the passport applicant to secure passports in as little as 1 day. If you do not need to expedite your passport, have a travel date more than 6 weeks away, or if you do not wish to use a third party service to obtain your passport, please consult the State Department website for further instruction.Close & Continue with SPS Visit the State Department
Child Passport Expediting Service
Please use the instructions below if the applicant is a U.S. citizens age 0-15 (if the child has had a passport in the past, the below directions still apply to them as child passports cannot be renewed).
If the criterion does not apply to the applicant please reference our expedited passport services page to determine which instructions to use.
Required Passport Items
Proof of US Citizenship
You must provide an original or certified copy of your state issued U.S Birth Certificate, your original Certificate of Naturalization, or an expired passport that is in good condition. This document will be returned to you with your passport. For information on how to obtain a certified copy of your birth certificate click here
- Photocopies are not accepted
- Birth Records are not accepted (these often are small with hand and footprints and are issued by a hospital)
- US citizens born abroad will need to include a birth abroad certificate
DS-11 Passport Application
- Option 1: Click here to print a PDF version of this form. Complete it using black or blue ink.
- Option 2: Complete this form online, via the Department of State website and print it.
- Enter all information requested- missing information can cause delays
- You will come to “Summary of Fees” page (only check $60 Expedite Fee & Passport Book Fee) & click SUBMIT
- on the next page, scroll to bottom and click CREATE FORM
- The completed DS-11 Passport Application form will open as a PDF document, PRINT THIS FORM
DO NOT SIGN THIS FORM YET, step 3 will explain in detail when you need to sign this form.
2 Original Letters of Authorization
Complete and sign 2 identical Letters of Authorization. Download Letter of Authorization Here
One copy will go inside the sealed envelope and one should be attached to the outside of the envelope. Continue on to read more about getting your application executed and more about sealed envelopes.
Payment to the Government- Payable to: U.S. Department of State
Personal check (no starter checks accepted) or money order made payable to U.S. Department of State. Checks written for any other amount than listed below will cause at least 1 business day delay. Temporary or starter checks are not accepted. Write the applicant's name and date of birth in the memo section of the check. A $10 service fee will be charged in the event Swift Passport Services needs to submit a replacement check.
- For a Passport Book only: $140
- For a Passport Book and Card: $155
- For a Passport Card only: $75
Copy of Parents' Photo ID
BOTH PARENTS must provide a copy of both sides of their current passport, valid driver's license, government ID, state ID, or Military ID. If sole custody has been established, ID from the parent without custody is not needed
- Photocopies are accepted- must be able to see photo and ID number
- ID must be 6 months old or older.
- If you do not have government issued ID or your ID is not 6 months old, you will need to submit supplemental ID.
- If either parent is not a US citizen, please submit a copy of each parent's passport and proof of legal status for the non U.S parent(s).
- If either parent's name has changed and is different than the name on the birth certificate, original documentation proving name change must be provided (divorce decree or marriage certificate that shows name change)
2 Identical Passport Photos
Photo Requirements: Photos must have been taken in the last 6 months, be 2 inches by 2 inches in size, and have white background with no patterns or background objects visible. Photo must be in color and be free of glare. Ears should be visible, and you must be facing forward. Dark glasses, headbands, and spaghetti straps are not permitted. Feel free to smile!
- Option 1: email a photo to Swift Passport Services firstname.lastname@example.org using the following guidelines. Swift Passport will size and print your passport photos for a nominal fee of $15.
- Photo file needs to be attached to the email as a .jpeg file. Other file formats cannot be properly formatted
- Have someone else take the picture of you; please do not send pictures you take of yourself.
- Photos need to be taken with a digital camera, phone camera photos will be of insufficient quality
- Please do not attempt to resize or format the photo in any way
- Option 2: Obtain 2 passport photos from a passport photo service (Walgreens, CVS, FedEx, etc.). Include these photos in your package to Swift Passport Services.
Proof of Departure
Please provide ONE of the following
- A photo-copy of your airline ticket or a copy of your itinerary from your travel agent, airline, or online booking company
- A letter detailing your business travel. Follow the sample "company letter of expedite" format.
- A letter explaining that you will be driving to Canada and/or Mexico. Include intended departure date, intended return date, and destination
If for some reason you cannot provide one of the above, please contact Swift Passport Services for further instruction.
Expedited Child Passport Service Notes
Once you have collected the above items, you will need to take them to a post office or county/city clerk to get the application executed by a "passport acceptance agent." To find an acceptance agent near you, you can search by zip code by visiting http://iafdb.travel.state.gov/. The agent will administer an oath, execute the DS-11, instruct both parents to sign the DS-11, and put the application materials in an envelope. If the agent does not want to put ALL of the application materials into the envelope (such as the copies of ID), that is OK, but it is important that you send them to us anyway. Please note that if the Passport Acceptance agent prompts you to write a check for an amount other than $140, $155 or $75, the check will not be accepted, and your application will be delayed until a replacement check is provided. The agent will then put their official seal on the envelope. Both parents should have a driver's license or State ID with them. If you are getting more than 1 application sealed, it is important that each application is in its own sealed envelope. Multiple applications in 1 sealed envelope may be denied. If you have problems or questions while getting your application executed please call Swift Passport Services at 877.917.9438
Parental Consent & Statement of Special Circumstances
- If one parent cannot be present at the Passport Acceptance Agent, the absent parent must have the DS-3053 Parental Consent Form completed and Notarized to bring to the Passport Acceptance Agent.
- DS-3053 Statement of Special Circumstances must be completed ONLY if the written consent of the absent parent cannot be obtained. The statement must explain in detail the absent parents unavailability and recent efforts made to contact the absent parent
Passport Pricing Options
|Processing Time||Service Fee||Government Fee*||Total Cost**|
*Ask us about writing a check for the Government fee for $5.
**Total cost does not include return shipping. See options at checkout.