If you find that you forgot to renew your passport and have a trip coming up in the near future, you may still have some time to get your passport renewed. Read on for everything you need to know about obtaining an expedited US passport renewal and find out where you can get your US passport renewal started:
Passport Renewal Process
There are several steps that you’ll need to follow when it comes to the US passport renewal application process:
- Gather all of the documents required for US passport renewal based on our required document checklist. The checklist will outline everything you’ll need with detailed criteria for each document. Please note that some of these documents will need to be shipped directly to the Swift Passport Services office.
- Select your desired US passport renewal time, pay all of the associated fees, and checkout.
- Make sure that you send any required physical documents to our office using FedEx or UPS as soon as possible.
- We will work on processing your passport renewal and monitor it throughout the entire process.
- Get excited! Your completed passport renewal will be sent to you.
Documents Required for US Passport Renewal
You’ll need to keep in mind all of the documents required for US passport renewal while filling out your US passport renewal application. Luckily, we make it easy for you to keep track of which documents you’ll need with our required document checklist.
Here are the items that you’ll need for your US passport renewal:
- Current US Passport
- DS-82 US Passport Renewal Application
- Passport Type Photo
- Additional Items Required if You Changed Your Name
- Original Letters of Authorization
- Proof of Departure (Required For 1-2 Week Service)
Please note that you will need to ship physical copies of some documents on the checklist. Please ship these documents using FedEx or UPS, and ship them directly to our office located in Chicago.
Swift Passport Services
1 East Erie Street
Chicago, IL 60611
Expedite Your US Passport Renewal
There are some other things that you’ll want to be aware of when looking to expedite your US passport renewal. Ensure that you read all of the instructions listed on our website carefully and send us all the required documents. This will give you the best chance of receiving your US passport renewal on time and can help prevent any delays in your US passport renewal processing time. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your application materials, please feel free to contact Swift at 877.917.9438, and one of our team members will be happy to assist you.
US Passport Renewal Fees
During the passport renewal checkout process, you will need to pay some fees based on the passport renewal processing time that you selected.
For our 4-12 week option, you will need to pay a total cost of $323. This cost includes a $135 service fee as well as a $187.56 government fee.
For our 7-10 business days option, you will need to pay a total cost of $787. This cost includes a $599 service fee and a $187.56 government fee. For our 7-10 business day option, you must call ahead before submitting your application online.
It’s important to note that the total cost does not include the shipping fee or the $10 processing fee.
Obtaining a passport renewal can seem like a daunting process. But if you follow each section listed above, you’ll be on your way to receiving your passport renewal in no time. If you’re ready to begin the passport renewal application process, you can do so on the Swift website. As always, if you have any questions or concerns during the passport renewal process, please don’t hesitate to contact our team.