Good news if you have a last minute trip to Indonesia. Effective June 10, 2015, the government of Indonesia will allow US citizens and foreign nationals of 45 countries to enter Indonesia visa free for stays of 30 days or less. If you need a visa valid longer than 30 days, or have a different purpose of travel, you probably still need a visa, so make sure to check with Swift before traveling. Once you get to Indonesia visa-free, you cannot extend your stay or obtain a different type of visa while in country.
The visa exemption can only be applied at 9 (nine) immigration checkpoints, as follows:
1. Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, Jakarta
2. Ngurah Rai International Airport, Bali
3. Kualanamu International Airport, Medan
4. Juanda International Airport, Surabaya
5. Hang Nadim International Airport, Batam
6. Sri Bintan Pura Seaport, Tanjung Pinang
7. Batam Center Seaport, Batam
8. Sekupang Seaport, Batam
9. Tanjung Uban Seaport, Tanjung Uban
These countries can enter under this new program:
Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, People Republic of China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong-China, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Lao PDR, Macau, Malaysia, Mexico, Morocco, Myanmar, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Republic of Korea, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, and Vietnam.
Safe Travels to Indonesia!