If you and your family have plans to travel for spring break, you’re not alone. Spring break travel will be hectic this year, with the number of people taking trips predicted to surpass 2019 levels. This means that no matter where you plan on going, it will be crowded, and it’s important that you prepare ahead of time so that you know what to expect.
How Many People Will Travel For Spring Break?
The number of people traveling for spring break this year is expected to be significantly higher than in the past few years. Though there’s not an exact number of people estimated to travel, searches for March and April travel plans are up 40% compared to this time last year. All in all, if you plan on going anywhere for spring break (especially to a popular tourist destination), expect a lot of crowds.
How Expensive is Spring Break Travel in 2023?
With higher demand for spring break travel in 2023 comes more expensive travel costs. People can expect to pay more for lodging, airfare, food, car rentals, tickets, and activities, amongst other things. This cost increase could put a considerable strain on travelers, especially for those traveling as a family. Some tips to help you save money during your spring break trip include:
- Cook your meals when possible
- Use public transportation
- Take advantage of free activities
- Avoid tourist traps
- Ask the locals for recommendations
What Are the Most Popular Spring Break Destinations?
Though most travel destinations will be crowded during spring break this year, there are some places that are expected to be more popular than others. When looking at locations in the United States, some places that tourists will be flocking to include Orlando, South Padre Island, Washington D.C., and Miami. When it comes to popular international destinations, Mexico, Jamaica, and Canada, are some of the places that made the top of the list.
Tips For Traveling During Spring Break 2023
Although spring break travel will be busy this year, it doesn’t mean you can’t still enjoy your trip! Here are some tips to make the most of your vacation this spring break:
- Check for flight cancellations or delays before heading to the airport.
- Expect popular tourist attractions to be crowded, and be prepared to wait.
- Visit attractions early in the day, as this is typically when they will be the least crowded.
- Bring a piece of carry-on luggage to travel through the airport quickly.
- Book tickets to attractions as soon as possible, so you don’t miss out on the fun.
- Go with the flow. Some of the best parts of a trip come from things not going according to plan!
- Be patient and keep your cool.
How Can I Get a Passport For My Spring Break Trip?
If you need to obtain a passport, passport renewal, or child passport for your spring break trip, Swift can help! You can get the application process started on our website. If you have any questions along the way, please don’t hesitate to contact a member of our team. Remember, the passport process can take time. So, the sooner you apply and get your documents in order, the better.