Business travel can be swift, efficient, and easy if you take advantage of a few ways to minimize the headaches during your trip. One is letting Swift handle all your business visa needs, with expedited processing at your service. Another is enrolling in the TSA Precheck program, which lets approved travelers zip right through a special security line at the airport.
Airlines Participating in TSA Precheck
The program has expanded to include 37 airlines participating in TSA Precheck. You’ll find those airlines at more than 180 U.S. airports across the nation.
List of Airlines Participating in TSA Precheck
The Transportation Security Administration offers an updated list of airlines participating in TSA Precheck. As of June 2017, they are:
- Air Canada
- Alaska Airlines
- Allegiant Air
- American Airlines
- Aruba Airlines
- Boutique Airlines
- Cape Air
- Copa Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- Dominican Wings
- Etihad Airways
- Frontier Airlines
- Hawaiian Airlines
- InterCaribbean Airways
- JetBlue Airways
- Key Lime Air
- Miami Air International
- Seaborne Airlines
- Silver Airways
- Singapore Airlines
- Southern Airways Express
- Southwest Airlines
- Spirit Airlines
- Sun Country Airlines
- Sunwing Airlines
- Swift Air
- Turkish Airlines
- United Airlines
- Virgin America
- Virgin Atlantic
- Xtra Airways
You can also use the handy airport map on the TSA website to check if the airports you typically use participate in the program.
Benefits of TSA Precheck
Anything that makes your airport experience more efficient and less of a hassle is a huge benefit for business travelers, and TSA Precheck does exactly that. Specific benefits include:
- Going through security without removing shoes, belts, light jackets, or removing liquids and laptops from bags
- Affordable membership, with a 5-year membership going for $85
- Expedited screening through a standard security line when an expedited TSA Precheck line is not available
- Saving tons of time and stress, with stats from May 2017 showing the wait time for 97 percent of TSA Precheck passengers was fewer than five minutes.
How to Enroll
Enrolling for TSA Precheck involves a three-step process:
- Apply online by submitting an online application and scheduling an in-person appointment at one of the more than 380 enrollment centers.
- Show up for your in-person appointment, where you’ll undergo fingerprinting and a background check. (TSA says in-person appointments typically last about 10 minutes).
- Await approval and then enjoy the benefits. Applicants typically receive written notification within three weeks after their in-person appointment, although some are approved within a few days. You can always check your status online through the TSA site while you’re waiting.
Don’t get used to waiting too long if you’re enrolling in TSA Precheck. Just like Swift, the program is designed to help get you where you need to go fast, efficiently, and with plenty of time to spare. Please feel free to contact us with any questions; Swift is always happy to help!
Rob Lee is co-founder of Swift Passport and Visa Services. Originally from Michigan, Rob is an avid fisherman and SCUBA diver who enjoys adventure travel.