• Subscribe to Stay Updated!

    Get our latest posts delivered right to your inbox.

    * indicates required
  • Emergency Passport Services to the Rescue

    Emergency passport services can be a real life saver if your passport is lost or stolen right before your big trip.

    You’re leaving on an international trip in just two weeks. You’ve already started packing, you’ve planned out your entire vacation, and you have hotel reservations and adventure packages booked and ready to go. There’s just one problem: you’ve lost your passport.

    This scenario happens more frequently than you might think, and it can feel like a real nightmare when it happens to you. But not to worry: if you’ve lost your passport or had it stolen, you can use our emergency passport services to get your US passport replaced before your upcoming trip. Whether your passport expired and you didn’t realize it, you lost your passport, or your passport was stolen from you, you should be able to follow the instructions listed on our website in order to obtain a new passport before your trip.

    lost-passportTraveling in Less Than 2 Weeks?

    Thankfully, the US State Department is actually pretty understanding when it comes to lost passports. They will expedite the processing of your application if you can show that your international journey will begin in less than 2 weeks. Not so thankfully, if your trip is 2.5 weeks away, you’re kind of out of luck.  However, keep in mind that Swift Passport Services always offers expedited passport services, so can still cut the lines and get your passport much faster than the usual window of 4 to 6 weeks.

    Fretting Over a Stolen Passport?

    If your passport has been stolen, the first thing you should do is contact the police. Your passport is a legal form of identification, so a thief could potentially use your passport to travel using your identity. Protect yourself by contacting the cops right away.

    Your next step is to complete the application process for a new passport. Since you won’t have the old passport to use as a form of identification, you’ll need to provide alternative proof of your US citizenship as well as a complete passport application, a copy of your photo ID, two letters of authorization, a passport photo, and a statement regarding your lost or stolen passport. You’ll also have to pay to have your passport replaced and, again, will need to show that you have an upcoming trip less than two weeks away.

    If you lose your passport while on a trip, your first call is going to be to the closest US Embassy. Unfortunately, we can’t help you if your passport gets lost or stolen while abroad, but if you have any passport needs here in the States, SPS is here to help. Call us at (877) 917-9438 to learn more about our expedited visa and passport services. Whether you have a trip planned months away or in just a few short days, we can help you get where you need to go.

    Leave a Comment

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    Scroll to Top