Are you enrolled in the Global Entry program and a frequent traveler to the UK? If so, there is a new program you should be aware of that will help you get through customs quickly, it’s called Registered Traveller.
Launched by the UK Border Force to give faster and more convenient entry to the UK for US passport holders and other eligible frequent travelers to the UK, Registered Traveller costs £70/USD $75 and is good for 1 year.
You are eligible if you’re 18 or over and you’re a national of Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand or the USA.
- Access to ePassport gates at airports across the country
- Use of the UK / European Union queue at airports across the country
- A dedicated Registered Traveller lane at Gatwick Airport
- Not needing to complete a landing card on arrival to the UK
- No credibility interview with a Border Force officer.
- Faster entry lanes at Edinburgh, Gatwick, Glasgow, Heathrow, London City, Luton, Manchester and Stansted airports, and Brussels, Lille and Paris Eurostar terminals
You can think of this program as the UK’s version of Global Entry. If you apply and are not accepted you WILL be refunded. Feedback for this program has been very positive, so if you are a frequent traveler to the UK, act now!