Are you located in or near the Atlanta, Georgia area and need to obtain a passport or visa in a hurry? Look no further! Introducing our new passport and visa drop-off/pick-up office located in the heart of beautiful Atlanta. Our service takes away any worry that your passport might not come in time and instead will allow you to relax and anticipate your upcoming travels, knowing that you’re in good hands.
Remote Passport Renewal Process
Our new office offers a secure location for customers to drop off their passport and visa applications, which will then be sent to our main office in Chicago. Once our team has processed the documents, your passport or visa will be sent back to our Atlanta office location for you to pick up. If you’re in a rush, we’ll simply ship your completed documents directly to your home address or office address.
Required Passport Renewal Documents
There are some requirements for passports you should be aware of, especially when it comes to your passport photo. Here are the documents needed to obtain a passport:
- Proof of US Citizenship: You must provide an original or certified copy of your state issued U.S Long Form Birth Certificate, your original Certificate of Naturalization, or an expired passport that is undamaged and in good condition.
- DS-11 Passport Application: Complete this form online, via the Department of State website and print it. Enter all information requested – missing information can cause delays. Hand written applications will not be accepted by the passport agency.
- One Passport Type Photo: Photos must have been taken in the last six months, be two inches by two inches in size, and have a white background with no patterns or background objects visible. The photo must be in color, ears should be visible, you must be facing forward, and cannot be wearing glasses, headbands, or spaghetti straps. You can check out the whole list of photo guidelines on our website.
- Two Original Letters of Authorization: You’ll need to complete and sign two identical Letters of Authorization. You can download the Letter of Authorization here. One copy will go inside the sealed envelope and one should be attached to the outside of the envelope. If there isn’t a second copy sent to Swift with the sealed envelope, the service will be delayed by at least one business day.
- Payment to the Government (Payable to: U.S. Department of State): You’ll need a personal check or money order made payable to the U.S. Department of State. Checks written for any other amount than listed below will cause at least a one business day delay. Temporary or starter checks are not accepted.
- Copy of Valid Photo ID: Be sure to have a copy of both sides of your current valid driver’s license, government ID, state ID, or Military ID. Photocopies are accepted but you must be able to see photo and ID number. The ID must be six months old or older, and if you don’t have a government issued ID or your ID is not six months old, you’ll need to submit a supplemental ID.
- Proof of Departure Within Two Weeks: You’ll need a copy of your flight itinerary from your travel agent, airline, or online booking company/copy of plane ticket. A print out of the confirmation email that you are emailed after booking a flight is ideal. Learn more about proof of travel here.
- Photocopy of All Application Materials: In order to streamline the process, please include photocopies of all application materials that will be sealed inside the envelope. We will need a copy of your DS-11 application, Swift letter of authorization, proof of travel, your check to the U.S. Department of State, proof of US citizenship, a copy of valid ID(s), and a copy of your passport type photo.
Where is the Atlanta Office Located?
260 Peachtree Street NW
Atlanta, Georgia, 30303
Why Should I Use Swift?
Since 2008, Swift Passport and Visa Services has been the go-to choice for busy travelers in need of expedited passports and visas. Swift has some of the highest customer ratings and reviews in the industry, and with a network of partnerships nationwide, Swift Passport Services can reach clients in all 50 states. Swift is authorized by the US Department of State and has access to all foreign consulates nationwide in six major cities.
Don’t just take our word for it. See what some of our previous customers had to say about Swift:
“Swift Passport Services is not only good, they went beyond the call in helping me get a visa for China. I spoke with them numerous times and had a lot of questions, and they were very patient. They could not have been more helpful. The best part is that they are in the same building as the Chinese consulate, which helped immensely. If you need a passport or visa, I highly recommend them based on my experience.” – Francis Doyle
“We had an opportunity to travel out of the country but realized our passports were expired and thought we wouldn’t be able to go. After a quick online search I found Swift. We used their 4-6 business day service. They were great about status updates and easing my worries when I called them to get some reassurance that we could have our passports on time. They obtained the passports for us in 4 business days and overnighted them to Utah a couple days before our departure date. Nice people and a company that delivered as promised. I highly recommend them if you need passports in a hurry.” – Scott Keeler
Our New Non-Rush Passport Service
While it’s true that most of our travelers are in a hurry to get their passports issued for upcoming immediate travel, we now have a service to assist people who are not in a rush but need a little extra help getting the requirements together.
For only $59, travelers can come into our office and our knowledgeable team will assist with the following:
- Assistance completing all required government paperwork.
- Two passport photos guaranteed to be approved by the Passport Agency.
- Access to a passport expert who can answer all of your questions.
- Money order to pay the government fee (this fee is separate from our $59 service fee).
- We’ll book Passport Acceptance Agent appointments for you if your service requires an acceptance agent.
- We ship everything to the Passport Agency for you.
- Clear instructions on how to track the status of your application once it’s sent to the Passport Agency.
This service could come in handy for you if you plan on flying anytime after October 2020 when the REAL ID Act is put into place. Once the REAL ID Act is put into effect, you can still drive legally with your old (valid) license and use it as ID for other things – like paying for alcohol. But if you need to fly somewhere, you’ll need to provide another form of federally approved ID in order to board your flight, such as a passport.
Have Further Questions?
If you have any further questions about our new drop-off/pick-up location in Atlanta, about the passport requirements, or anything else travel related, please don’t hesitate to contact us – our team of experts would be happy to help! No matter where you’re going in the world, we’ll get you there!