Are you located in or near the New York, New York area and need to obtain a passport or visa in a hurry? We’ve got you covered! Introducing our new passport and visa drop-off/pick-up office located in the heart of New York, New York. Our service will remove any concern that your passport won’t arrive on time, and instead lets you relax and anticipate your upcoming trip.
Remote Passport Renewal Process
Our remote location in New York is a secure place where customers can drop off their passport and visa applications. The applications will be sent to our main office in Chicago where we will process the documents, and finally, your passport or visa will be sent back to our New York office location for you to pick up. If you’re in a hurry, we’ll ship your finished documents straight to your home or business office.
Required Passport Renewal Documents
The requirements for obtaining a passport can be somewhat confusing (especially when it comes to your passport photo). Here are the documents you’ll need in order to obtain a passport:
- DS-11 Passport Application: Complete this form online, via the Department of State website and print it. Enter all information requested – missing information can cause delays. Handwritten applications will not be accepted by the passport agency.
- One Passport Type Photo: Photos must have been taken in the last six months, be two inches by two inches in size, and have a white background with no patterns or background objects visible. The photo must be in color, ears should be visible, you must be facing forward, and cannot be wearing glasses, headbands, or spaghetti straps. You can check out the whole list of photo guidelines on our website.
- Two Original Letters of Authorization: You’ll need to complete and sign two identical Letters of Authorization. You can download the Letter of Authorization here. One copy will go inside the sealed envelope and one should be attached to the outside of the envelope. If there isn’t a second copy sent to Swift with the sealed envelope, the service will be delayed by at least one business day.
- Payment to the Government (Payable to: U.S. Department of State): You’ll need a personal check or money order made payable to the U.S. Department of State. Checks written for any other amount than listed below will cause at least a one business day delay. Temporary or starter checks are not accepted.
- Proof of US Citizenship: You must provide an original or certified copy of your state-issued U.S Long Form Birth Certificate, your original Certificate of Naturalization, or an expired passport that is undamaged and in good condition.
- Copy of a Valid Photo ID: Be sure to have a copy of both sides of your current valid driver’s license, government ID, state ID, or Military ID. Photocopies are accepted but you must be able to see photo and ID number. The ID must be six months old or older, and if you don’t have a government-issued ID or your ID is not six months old, you’ll need to submit a supplemental ID.
- Proof of Departure Within Two Weeks: You’ll need a copy of your flight itinerary from your travel agent, airline, or online booking company/copy of plane ticket. A print out of the confirmation email that you are emailed after booking a flight is ideal. Learn more about proof of travel here.
- Photocopy of All Application Materials: In order to streamline the process, please include photocopies of all application materials that will be sealed inside the envelope. We will need a copy of your DS-11 application, Swift letter of authorization, proof of travel, your check to the U.S. Department of State, proof of US citizenship, a copy of valid ID(s), and a copy of your passport type photo.
Where is the New York Office Located?
245 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10167
Why Should I Use Swift?
Since 2008, Swift Passport and Visa Services has been the go-to choice for busy travelers in need of expedited passports and visas. Swift has some of the highest customer ratings and reviews in the industry, and with a network of partnerships nationwide, Swift Passport Services can reach clients in all 50 states. Swift is authorized by the US Department of State and has access to all foreign consulates nationwide in six major cities.
Don’t just take our word for it. See what some of our former clients had to say about Swift Passport and Visa Services:
“Amazing service. Fast. super friendly. Great communication. Highly knowledgeable. Highly recommend! Best in the business!” – Jason Rosenblum
“Thanks, Swift Team! Loved working with you – I will tell everyone I know to use your service. Don’t think I would have made it on my own honeymoon had you not been there to patiently coral me through the process. I appreciate that you always made me feel welcome even though I called you so many times with questions. Your team was courteous and professional, and even got the service done a day early. Couldn’t be happier!” – Suzie Greenberg
New Non-Rush Passport Service
While it’s true that most of our travelers are in a hurry to get their passports issued for upcoming immediate travel, we now have a service to assist people who are not in a rush but need a little extra help getting the requirements together.
For only $59, travelers can come into our office and our knowledgeable team will assist with the following:
- Assistance completing all required government paperwork.
- Two passport photos guaranteed to be approved by the Passport Agency.
- Access to a passport expert who can answer all of your questions.
- Money order to pay the government fee (this fee is separate from our $59 service fee).
- We’ll book Passport Acceptance Agent appointments for you if your service requires an acceptance agent.
- We ship everything to the Passport Agency for you.
- Clear instructions on how to track the status of your application once it’s sent to the Passport Agency.
This service could come in handy for you if you plan on flying anytime after October 2020 when the REAL ID Act is put into place. Once the REAL ID Act is put into effect, you can still drive legally with your old (valid) license and use it as ID for other things – like paying for alcohol. But if you need to fly somewhere, you’ll need to provide another form of federally approved ID in order to board your flight, such as a passport.
Have Any Other Questions?
If you have any other questions about our new drop-off/pick-up location in New York, about the passport requirements, or anything else travel related, please contact us – our team would be happy to help! No matter where you’re going in the world, we’ll get you there!