Calling all residents of Houston, Texas and the surrounding area! Are you in need of a passport or visa in the immediate future? Swift Passport Services is happy to announce our new remote office that’s located in the heart of Houston. This location will be specifically for passport and visa drop-off/pick-up.
There’s no need to worry about your passport not coming in time for your travels considering that our knowledgeable team at Swift will help you through the process, and ensure your documents arrive before your departure date.
Remote Passport Renewal Process
Our new Houston, Texas office will offer a secure place for customers to drop off their passport and visa applications. The application will then be sent to our central office in Chicago. After our expert team has processed your documents, your completed passport or visa will be sent back to our Houston office for you to pick up. In the circumstance that you’re in a rush to obtain your passport, your finished documents will be shipped straight to your work office or house.
Required Passport Renewal Documentation
There are several requirements in order to obtain a passport (especially for your passport photo), and we would be happy to walk you through them. Listed below are all of the documents needed in order to obtain a passport:
- Proof of Departure Within the Next Two Weeks: In order to obtain a passport, you’ll need a copy of your flight itinerary from either the airline, your travel agent, or online booking company/copy of plane ticket. A print out of the booking confirmation email is most ideal in this situation.
- A Front and Back Copy of Valid Photo ID: You’ll need to obtain a copy of both sides of your valid driver’s license, government ID, state ID, or Military ID. Photocopies are accepted, but you need to be able to see photo and ID number.
- One Passport Photo: Your passport photo needs to have been taken within the last six months, has to be in color, must have a white background with no patterns or background objects visible, must be 2 inches by 2 inches in size, your ears should be visible, you need to be facing forward, and you can’t be wearing headbands, glasses, or spaghetti straps. You can view the whole list of photo guidelines on our website.
- Two Original Letters of Authorization: Fill out and sign two identical Letters of Authorization (you can download them here). The first copy will need to be put inside of the sealed envelope, while the second copy should be attached to the outside of the envelope. The service will be delayed if there aren’t two copies sent to us.
- A Check to the Government That’s Payable to: U.S. Department of State: You’ll need a personal check or money order that’s payable to the U.S. Department of State. Any check written for any other amount than listed below will cause a delay. Temporary or starter checks are not acceptable.
- DS-11 Passport Application: You must complete this form online, and print it out. Please remember to enter all of the information required, as any missing information will cause a delay. Any handwritten applications will not be accepted.
- Proof of United States Citizenship: You must present an original or certified copy of your state-issued U.S Long Form Birth Certificate, your Certificate of Naturalization, or an expired passport that isn’t damaged.
- Photocopy of All of Your Application Materials: When we receive your application materials, we can’t open the sealed envelope. To streamline the process, please include photocopies of all application materials that will be sealed inside the envelope. We require a copy of your DS-11 application, Swift letter of authorization, proof of travel, your check to the U.S. Department of State, proof of US citizenship, a copy of valid ID(s), and a copy of your passport type photo.
Where is the Houston, Texas Office Located?
700 Milam Street
Houston, Texas, 77002
Why Should I Choose Swift?
Since 2008, Swift Passport and Visa Services has been the go-to choice for busy travelers in need of expedited passports and visas. Swift has some of the highest customer ratings and reviews in the industry, and with a network of partnerships nationwide, Swift Passport Services can reach clients in all 50 states. Swift is authorized by the US Department of State and has access to all foreign consulates nationwide in six major cities.
Still not convinced? Take a look at what our past customers had to say about using Swift for their passport and visa needs:
“This service was as advertised. The personnel were helpful, professional and fast. We had an emergency situation and this company certainly lived up to its name. Thank you Swift Passport Services!” – Victoria Turner
“I have used SPS for several years now… They are incredible! Their customer service is first rate. I have always received my orders back when promised.” – Deborah Hren
Our New Non-Rush Passport Service
Though most of our travelers are in a hurry to get their passports issued for upcoming immediate travel, we now have a service to assist people who are not in a rush but need a little extra help getting the requirements together.
For only $59, travelers can come into our office and our knowledgeable team will assist with the following:
- Assistance completing all required government paperwork.
- Two passport photos guaranteed to be approved by the Passport Agency.
- Access to a passport expert who can answer all of your questions.
- Money order to pay the government fee (this fee is separate from our $59 service fee).
- We’ll book Passport Acceptance Agent appointments for you if your service requires an acceptance agent.
- We ship everything to the Passport Agency for you.
- Clear instructions on how to track the status of your application once it’s sent to the Passport Agency.
This service could come in handy for you if you plan on flying anytime after October 2020 when the REAL ID Act is put into place. Once the REAL ID Act is put into effect, you can still drive legally with your old (valid) license and use it as ID for other things – like paying for alcohol. But if you need to fly somewhere, you’ll need to provide another form of federally approved ID in order to board your flight, such as a passport.
Have Additional Questions?
If you have additional questions about our new drop-off/pick-up location in Houston, about the passport requirements, or anything else that’s travel-related, please don’t hesitate to contact us – our team would be happy to help! No matter where you’re going in the world, we’ll get you there!