Are you located in or near the Las Vegas, Nevada area and need to obtain a passport or visa in a hurry? Introducing Swift’s new passport and visa drop-off/pick-up office located in lively Las Vegas. Our service takes away any worry that your passport might not come in time and rather allows you to relax and await your upcoming travels, knowing that you’re in reliable hands.
Remote Passport Renewal Process
Our new remote office is a secure location for clients to drop off their passport and visa applications, which are then sent to Swift’s main office in Chicago. After our team has processed the documents, your passport or visa will be sent back to our Las Vegas office location for you to pick up. If for some reason you’re in a hurry, we’ll ship your finished documents straight to your house or office.
Required Passport Renewal Documents
There are a few requirements for passports that you should be aware of, especially when it comes to your passport photo. Below are the documents you will need in order to obtain a passport:
- Proof of US Citizenship: You must present an original or certified copy of your state-issued U.S Long Form Birth Certificate, your original Certificate of Naturalization, or an expired passport that is in good condition.
- DS-11 Passport Application: Complete this form online, via the Department of State website and print it. Enter all of the information that’s required – missing information can create a delay. Handwritten applications will not be accepted by the passport agency.
- One Passport Type Photo: Any photos that are submitted must have been taken within the last six months, should have a white background with no patterns or background objects visible, must be two inches by two inches in size, needs to be in color (not black and white), your ears should be visible, you must be facing forward, and cannot be wearing glasses, spaghetti straps, or headbands. You can check out the full list of photo guidelines on our website.
- Two Original Letters of Authorization: You’ll need to complete and sign two identical Letters of Authorization (download the Letter of Authorization here). The first copy will go inside the sealed envelope and the second copy should be attached to the outside of the envelope. If there isn’t a second copy sent to us with the sealed envelope, the service will be delayed by at least one business day.
- Payment to the Government (Payable to: U.S. Department of State): You’ll need a personal check or money order made payable to the U.S. Department of State. Checks written for any other amount than listed below will cause at least a one business day delay. Temporary or starter checks are not accepted.
- Copy of Valid Photo ID: Be sure to have a copy of both sides of your current valid driver’s license, government ID, state ID, or Military ID. Photocopies are accepted but you must be able to see photo and ID number. The ID must be six months old or older, and if you don’t have a government-issued ID or your ID is not six months old, you’ll need to submit a supplemental ID.
- Proof of Departure Within Two Weeks: You’ll need a copy of your flight itinerary from your travel agent, airline, or online booking company/copy of plane ticket. A print out of the flight booking confirmation email is ideal. Learn more about proof of travel here.
- A Photocopy of All Application Materials: In order to have the process go as smoothly as possible, please include photocopies of each of the application materials that are sealed inside the envelope. We’ll need a copy of your DS-11 application, Swift letter of authorization, proof of travel, your check to the U.S. Department of State, proof of US citizenship, a copy of valid ID(s), and a copy of your passport type photo.
Where is the Las Vegas Office Located?
3960 Howard Hughes Parkway
Las Vegas, NV 89169
Directions to Our Las Vegas Office
Why Should I Use Swift?
Since 2008, Swift Passport and Visa Services has been the go-to choice for busy travelers in need of expedited passports and visas. Swift has some of the highest customer ratings and reviews in the industry, and with a network of partnerships nationwide, Swift Passport Services can reach clients in all 50 states. Swift is authorized by the US Department of State and has access to all foreign consulates nationwide in six major cities.
Don’t just take our word for it. See what some of our former clients had to say about Swift:
“Laurie guided me through getting a 1-day passport flawlessly. Amazing service, immediate replies to emails, gentle correcting of mistakes. I unreservedly, highly recommend Swift.” – Rod Holmes
“Fantastic service! This was my first time using Swift and it was great all around. Shannon walked me through the expedited paperwork, took my photo, and I received my passport faster than the estimation. I would definitely use Swift again!” – Joe Midkiff
Our New Non-Rush Passport Service
While it’s true that most of our travelers are in a hurry to get their passports issued for upcoming immediate travel, we now have a service to assist people who are not in a rush but need a little extra help getting the requirements together.
For only $59, travelers can come into our office and our knowledgeable team will assist with the following:
- Assistance completing all required government paperwork.
- Two passport photos guaranteed to be approved by the Passport Agency.
- Access to a passport expert who can answer all of your questions.
- Money order to pay the government fee (this fee is separate from our $59 service fee).
- We’ll book Passport Acceptance Agent appointments for you if your service requires an acceptance agent.
- We ship everything to the Passport Agency for you.
- Clear instructions on how to track the status of your application once it’s sent to the Passport Agency.
This service could come in handy for you if you plan on flying anytime after October 2020 when the REAL ID Act is put into place. Once the REAL ID Act is put into effect, you can still drive legally with your old (valid) license and use it as ID for other things – like paying for alcohol. But if you need to fly somewhere, you’ll need to provide another form of federally approved ID in order to board your flight, such as a passport.
Have Any Other Questions?
If you have any other questions about our new drop-off/pick-up location in Las Vegas, about the passport requirements, or anything else travel related, please don’t hesitate to contact us – our team of experts would be happy to help! No matter where you’re going, we’ll get you there!