Do you have an upcoming trip planned and need a passport as soon as possible? If you’re located near Charlotte, North Carolina, we have a solution for you. Swift’s new passport and visa drop-off/pick-up office located in historic downtown Charlotte will help you get your passport in hand before your departure date. Say goodbye to any worry that your passport won’t come in time and know that you’re in good hands with our team of experts at Swift.
Remote Passport Renewal Process
This new office will offer a secure location for customers to drop off their passport and visa applications, which will then be sent to our main office in Chicago. Once our knowledgeable team has processed the documents, your passport or visa will be sent back to our Charlotte office location for you to pick up. If you’re in a rush, we’ll ship your documents directly to your house or work office.
Required Passport Renewal Documents
Though there are numerous requirements in order to obtain a passport (especially when it comes to your passport photo). That being said, here are the documents needed to obtain a passport:
- DS-11 Passport Application: You’ll need to complete this form online, via the Department of State website and then print it out. Please make sure to enter all of the information requested. It’s important to note that any missing information can cause delays. Handwritten applications won’t be accepted by the passport agency.
- Front and Back Copy of a Valid Photo ID: Obtain a copy of both sides of your current valid driver’s license, state ID, government ID, or Military ID. Photocopies are accepted but you must be able to see photo and ID number.
- One Passport Photo: Your photo needs to have been taken within the last six months, must have a white background with no patterns or background objects visible, and should be 2 inches by 2 inches in size. The photo must be in color, your ears should be visible, you must be facing forward, and you cannot be wearing headbands, glasses, or spaghetti straps. Check out the whole list of photo guidelines on our website.
- Two Original Letters of Authorization: You’ll need to complete and sign two identical Letters of Authorization which you can download here. The first copy will go inside the sealed envelope and the second copy should be attached to the outside of the envelope. If there isn’t a second copy sent to us along with the sealed envelope, the service will be delayed.
- Proof of Departure Within Two Weeks: You’ll need a copy of your flight itinerary from either the airline, your travel agent, or online booking company/copy of plane ticket. A print out of the confirmation email that you are emailed after booking a flight is ideal.
- Proof of United States Citizenship: You must provide an original or certified copy of your state issued U.S Long Form Birth Certificate, your original Certificate of Naturalization, or an expired passport that is undamaged and in good condition.
- Payment to the Government That’s Payable to: U.S. Department of State: You’ll need a personal check or money order made payable to the U.S. Department of State. Checks written for any other amount than listed below will cause at least a one business day delay. Temporary or starter checks are not accepted.
- Photocopy of All Application Materials: When Swift receives your application material, we cannot open the sealed envelope that you send. In order to streamline the process, please include photocopies of all application materials that will be sealed inside the envelope. We will need a copy of your DS-11 application, Swift letter of authorization, proof of travel, your check to the U.S. Department of State, proof of US citizenship, a copy of valid ID(s), and a copy of your passport type photo.
Where is the Charlotte Office Located?
101 N. Tryon St.
Charlotte, NC 28246
Why Should I Use Swift’s Services?
Since 2008, Swift Passport and Visa Services has been the go-to choice for busy travelers in need of expedited passports and visas. Swift has some of the highest customer ratings and reviews in the industry, and with a network of partnerships nationwide, Swift Passport Services can reach clients in all 50 states. Swift is authorized by the US Department of State and has access to all foreign consulates nationwide in six major cities.
Still not sold? Take a look at what previous customers had to say about Swift:
“Wow! Amazing experience using Swift Passport and Visa Services! Their website is very well laid out, thorough, and pretty much answers any questions or concerns you may have. For additional questions I did reach out and they were quick to respond. Great experience, worth the money for a stress free experience.” – Mallorie Edwards
“This was my 2nd experience with Swift Passport and everything went smoothly and in a timely fashion. Swift has earned my trust and future business and would not hesitate to recommend them to other people. I’ve especially been very happy with Shaina Florence and her diligent efforts to make sure my Visa applications were processed in a timely manner. Oftentimes the travel planning process can be stressful with lots of moving parts, but Shaina takes the worries off the table.” – Vicky Young
Swift’s New Non-Rush Passport Service
Though most of our travelers are in a hurry to get their passports issued for upcoming immediate travel, we now have a service to assist people who are not in a rush but need a little extra help getting the requirements together.
For only $59, travelers can come into our office and our knowledgeable team will assist with the following:
- Assistance completing all required government paperwork.
- Two passport photos guaranteed to be approved by the Passport Agency.
- Access to a passport expert who can answer all of your questions.
- Money order to pay the government fee (this fee is separate from our $59 service fee).
- We’ll book Passport Acceptance Agent appointments for you if your service requires an acceptance agent.
- We ship everything to the Passport Agency for you.
- Clear instructions on how to track the status of your application once it’s sent to the Passport Agency.
This service could come in handy for you if you plan on flying anytime after October 2020 when the REAL ID Act is put into place. Once the REAL ID Act is put into effect, you can still drive legally with your old (valid) license and use it as ID for other things – like paying for alcohol. But if you need to fly somewhere, you’ll need to provide another form of federally approved ID in order to board your flight, such as a passport.
Have Any Other Questions?
If you have any other questions about our new drop-off/pick-up location in Charlotte, about the passport requirements, or anything else travel related, please don’t hesitate to contact us – our team of experts would be happy to help! No matter where you’re traveling to, we’ll get you there!