Are you located near the Grand Rapids, Michigan area? Do you need a passport or visa in a hurry? If you’ve answered yes to those questions, Swift can help! We have a new passport and visa drop-off/pick-up office located in beautiful Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Long gone are the days of worrying if your passport will arrive in time for your trip. Our expert team at Swift will help guide you through the passport process, and ensure you have your passport in hand before your departure day.
Remote Passport Renewal Process
Our new Grand Rapids office will offer a safe location for clients to drop off their passport and visa applications. The application will then be sent to our central office in Chicago. After our expert team has processed your documents, your completed passport or visa will be sent back to our Grand Rapids, Michigan office location for you to pick up. If for some reason you’re in a hurry, your documents will be shipped directly to your work office or home.
Required Passport Renewal Documents
Although there are numerous requirements in order to obtain a passport (particularly for your passport photo). Here are all of the documents that you will need in order to obtain a passport:
- A Check to the Government That’s Payable to: U.S. Department of State: You’ll need a personal check or money order that’s payable to the U.S. Department of State. Any check written for any other amount than listed below will cause a delay. Temporary or starter checks are not accepted under any circumstance.
- A Front and Back Copy of Valid Photo ID: You’ll need to obtain a copy of both sides of your valid driver’s license, government ID, state ID, or Military ID. Photocopies are accepted, but you need to be able to see photo and ID number.
- One Passport Photo: Your passport photo needs to have been taken within the last six months, must be 2 inches by 2 inches in size, needs to be in color, needs to have a white background with no patterns or background objects visible, you must be facing forward, your ears should be visible, and you can’t be wearing headbands, glasses, or spaghetti straps. You can view the whole list of photo guidelines on our website.
- Two Original Letters of Authorization: You’ll need to fill out and sign two identical Letters of Authorization (download them here). The first copy will need to be placed inside of the sealed envelope, while your other copy should be attached to the outside of the envelope. The service will be delayed if there aren’t two copies sent to us.
- Proof of Departure Within the Next Two Weeks: You’re going to need a copy of your flight itinerary from either your travel agent, the airline, or online booking company/copy of plane ticket. A print out of the confirmation email that you’re emailed after booking a flight is most ideal in this situation.
- DS-11 Passport Application: You must complete this form online, and print it out. Please remember to enter all of the information required, as any missing information will cause a delay. Any handwritten applications will not be accepted.
- Proof of United States Citizenship: You must present an original or certified copy of your state-issued U.S Long Form Birth Certificate, your Certificate of Naturalization, or an expired passport that isn’t damaged.
- Photocopy of All of Your Application Materials: When we receive your application materials, we can’t open the sealed envelope. To streamline the process, please include photocopies of all application materials that will be sealed inside the envelope. We require a copy of your DS-11 application, Swift letter of authorization, proof of travel, your check to the U.S. Department of State, proof of US citizenship, a copy of valid ID(s), and a copy of your passport type photo.
Where’s the Grand Rapids Office Located?
660 Ada Dr. SE
Ada, MI 49301
Get Directions to Our Grand Rapids Office
Why Should I Use Swift’s Services?
Since 2008, Swift Passport and Visa Services has been the go-to choice for busy travelers in need of expedited passports and visas. Swift has some of the highest customer ratings and reviews in the industry, and with a network of partnerships nationwide, Swift Passport Services can reach clients in all 50 states. Swift is authorized by the US Department of State and has access to all foreign consulates nationwide in six major cities.
Still aren’t sure about using Swift? Take a look at what our past customers had to say about us:
“I needed a first-time passport for a work trip on very short notice – I called them on a Wednesday and was leaving for my trip two Fridays from then (not even 1 1/2 weeks). When I called and gave them my timeline, they told me exactly what to do and how long of a processing time to select. Since this is a complicated process, I called at least 10 more times asking all sorts of questions and with multiple issues. Each time, I spoke with a different representative but they were all extremely knowledgeable and helped me figure it out every time! I don’t recommend waiting until the last minute to get a passport, but if you can’t avoid it then I would recommend Swift. And if you have any questions AT ALL, don’t hesitate to call them!” – Brittney Scott
“Amazing service. Fast. super friendly. Great communication. Highly knowledgeable. Highly recommend! Best in the business!” – Jason Rosenblum
Swift’s New Non-Rush Passport Service
Though most of our travelers are in a hurry to get their passports issued for upcoming immediate travel, we now have a service to assist people who are not in a rush but need a little extra help getting the requirements together.
For only $59, travelers can come into our office and our knowledgeable team will assist with the following:
- Assistance completing all required government paperwork.
- Two passport photos guaranteed to be approved by the Passport Agency.
- Access to a passport expert who can answer all of your questions.
- Money order to pay the government fee (this fee is separate from our $59 service fee).
- We’ll book Passport Acceptance Agent appointments for you if your service requires an acceptance agent.
- We ship everything to the Passport Agency for you.
- Clear instructions on how to track the status of your application once it’s sent to the Passport Agency.
This service could come in handy for you if you plan on flying anytime after October 2020 when the REAL ID Act is put into place. Once the REAL ID Act is put into effect, you can still drive legally with your old (valid) license and use it as ID for other things – like paying for alcohol. But if you need to fly somewhere, you’ll need to provide another form of federally approved ID in order to board your flight, such as a passport.
Have Further Questions?
If you have any other questions about our new drop-off/pick-up location in Grand Rapids, about the passport requirements, or anything else that’s travel-related, please feel free to contact us – our expert team would be happy to help! No matter where you’re traveling, we’ll get you there!