If you are looking to obtain a passport or visa in a hurry and live near the Miami area, Swift Passport and Visa Services has a solution for you. Recently, we opened a new passport and visa drop-off/pick-up office located in beautiful Miami, Florida. With our new location, you won’t have to worry if your passport will arrive in time for your trip. You can be sure that you’re in good hands with our team at Swift.
Remote Passport Renewal Process
Our new office offers a secure location for customers to drop off their passport and visa applications, which will then be sent to our main office in Chicago, Illinois. Once our team has processed the documents, your passport or visa will be sent back to our Miami office location for you to pick up. If you’re in a rush, we’ll simply ship your documents right to your house or work office.
Required Passport Renewal Documents
There are numerous requirements you should be aware of when applying for a passport (especially when it comes to your passport photo). Here are the documents needed in order to obtain a passport:
- Proof of United States Citizenship: You must present an original or certified copy of your state-issued U.S Long Form Birth Certificate, your Certificate of Naturalization, or an expired passport that isn’t damaged.
- DS-11 Passport Application: You will need to complete this form online and print it out. Make sure that you are entering all of the information required, recognizing that any missing information will cause a delay in processing time. Handwritten applications won’t be accepted by the passport agency under any circumstance.
- One Passport Photo: The photo should have been taken within the last six months, must be 2 inches by 2 inches in size, needs to be in color (not black and white), needs to have a white background with no patterns or background objects visible, your ears should be visible, you must be facing forward, and you can’t be wearing headbands, glasses, or spaghetti straps. Take a look at the whole list of photo guidelines on our website.
- Two Original Letters of Authorization: You’ll need to fully fill out and sign two identical Letters of Authorization (which you can download here). The first copy should be placed inside of the sealed envelope, while the second copy should be attached to the outside of the envelope. Please note that the service will be delayed if there isn’t a second copy attached to the outside of the envelope.
- A Front and Back Copy of a Valid Photo ID: Obtain a copy of both sides of your valid driver’s license, state ID, government ID, or Military ID. Photocopies are allowed but you need to be able to see photo and ID number.
- Proof of Departure Within Two Weeks: You’re going to need a copy of your flight itinerary from either the airline, your travel agent, or online booking company/copy of plane ticket. A print out of the confirmation email that you’re emailed after booking a flight is most ideal.
- Payment to the Government That’s Payable to: U.S. Department of State: You’ll need a personal check or money order made payable to the U.S. Department of State. Checks written for any other amount than listed below will cause a delay. Temporary or starter checks are not allowed.
- Photocopies of All of Your Application Materials: When we receive your application materials, we can’t open the sealed envelope. To streamline the process, please include photocopies of all application materials that will be sealed inside the envelope. We require a copy of your DS-11 application, Swift letter of authorization, proof of travel, your check to the U.S. Department of State, proof of US citizenship, a copy of valid ID(s), and a copy of your passport type photo.
Where’s the Miami Office Located?
5201 Blue Lagoon Drive
8th Floor and 9th Floor
Miami, Florida, 33136
Why Should I Use Swift?
Since 2008, Swift Passport and Visa Services has been the go-to choice for busy travelers in need of expedited passports and visas. Swift has some of the highest customer ratings and reviews in the industry, and with a network of partnerships nationwide, Swift Passport Services can reach clients in all 50 states. Swift is authorized by the US Department of State and has access to all foreign consulates nationwide in six major cities.
Still not sold on using our services? Take a look at what previous customers had to say about Swift:
“Swift was a lifesaver for me. I received my passport 10 days earlier than expected. I did my research for a reputable company and it paid off. Thank you so much!” – Diane Westover
“When I had trouble getting a Chinese visa, this company helped me fill out the paperwork perfectly and three days later I was on my way to Shanghai! Excellent service.” – Doral Chenoweth
Swift’s New Non-Rush Passport Service
Though most of our travelers are in a hurry to get their passports issued for upcoming immediate travel, we now have a service to assist people who are not in a rush but need a little extra help getting the requirements together.
For only $59, travelers can come into our office and our knowledgeable team will assist with the following:
- Assistance completing all required government paperwork.
- Two passport photos guaranteed to be approved by the Passport Agency.
- Access to a passport expert who can answer all of your questions.
- Money order to pay the government fee (this fee is separate from our $59 service fee).
- We’ll book Passport Acceptance Agent appointments for you if your service requires an acceptance agent.
- We ship everything to the Passport Agency for you.
- Clear instructions on how to track the status of your application once it’s sent to the Passport Agency.
This service could come in handy for you if you plan on flying anytime after October 2020 when the REAL ID Act is put into place. Once the REAL ID Act is put into effect, you can still drive legally with your old (valid) license and use it as ID for other things – like paying for alcohol. But if you need to fly somewhere, you’ll need to provide another form of federally approved ID in order to board your flight, such as a passport.
Where Can I Go if I Have Questions?
If you have questions about our new drop-off/pick-up location in Miami, about the passport requirements, or anything else travel-related, please feel free to contact us – our team would be happy to help! No matter where you’re traveling to around the world, we’ll get you there!