Do you have an upcoming trip planned and require a passport as soon as possible? If you’re located near Los Angeles, California, we can help! Our new passport and visa drop-off/pick-up office located in downtown Los Angeles will help you obtain a passport before your travel date. There’s no more worrying that your passport won’t come in time when you’re working with our team here at Swift Passport and Visa Services.
Remote Passport Renewal Process
Our new office offers a safe location for clients to drop off their passport and visa applications, which will then be sent to our main office in Chicago, Illinois. After our expertly trained team has processed the documents, your passport or visa will be mailed back to our Los Angeles office location for you to pick up. If you’re in a rush to obtain your passport or visa, we’d be happy to ship your documents right to your house or work office.
Required Passport Renewal Documents
Though there are numerous requirements in order to obtain a passport (particularly when it comes to your passport photo). Here are the documents needed to obtain a passport:
- Two Original Letters of Authorization: You’ll need to complete and sign two identical Letters of Authorization which you can download here. The first copy will go inside the sealed envelope and the second copy should be attached to the outside of the envelope. If there isn’t a second copy sent to us along with the sealed envelope, the service will be delayed.
- Proof of United States Citizenship: You must provide an original or certified copy of your state-issued U.S Long Form Birth Certificate, your original Certificate of Naturalization, or an expired passport that is undamaged and in good condition.
- Front and Back Copy of a Valid Photo ID: Obtain a copy of both sides of your current valid driver’s license, state ID, government ID, or Military ID. Photocopies are allowed but you must be able to see photo and ID number.
- One Passport Photo: Your photo needs to have been taken within the last six months, must have a white background with no patterns or background objects visible, and should be 2 inches by 2 inches in size. The photo must be in color, your ears need to be visible, you must be facing forward, and you cannot be wearing headbands, glasses, or spaghetti straps. You can look at the whole list of photo guidelines on our website.
- DS-11 Passport Application: You’ll need to complete this form online, via the Department of State website and then print it out. Please make sure to enter all of the information requested. It’s crucial to note that any missing information can cause delays. Handwritten applications won’t be accepted by the passport agency.
- Proof of Departure Within Two Weeks: You’ll need a copy of your flight itinerary from either the airline, your travel agent, or online booking company/copy of plane ticket. A print out of the confirmation email that you are emailed after booking a flight is ideal.
- Payment to the Government That’s Payable to: U.S. Department of State: You’ll need a personal check or money order made payable to the U.S. Department of State. Checks written for any other amount than listed below will create at least a one business day delay. Temporary or starter checks are not accepted.
- A Photocopy of All Application Materials: When Swift receives your application material, we can’t open the sealed envelope that you send under any circumstances. In order to streamline the process, please include photocopies of all application materials that will be sealed inside the envelope. We will need a copy of your DS-11 application, Swift letter of authorization, proof of travel, your check to the U.S. Department of State, proof of US citizenship, a copy of valid ID(s), and a copy of your passport type photo.
Where is the Los Angeles Office Located?
515 South Flower Street
18th and 19th Floors,
Los Angeles, California, 90071
Directions to Our Los Angeles Office
Why Should I Use Swift’s Services?
Since 2008, Swift Passport and Visa Services has been the go-to choice for busy travelers in need of expedited passports and visas. Swift has some of the highest customer ratings and reviews in the industry, and with a network of partnerships nationwide, Swift Passport Services can reach clients in all 50 states. Swift is authorized by the US Department of State and has access to all foreign consulates nationwide in six major cities.
Still not sold? Take a look at what past clients had to say about Swift:
“I had forgotten my passport expired and needed a quick turn around for a trip to Europe. The instructions were easy on their site and I printed off all the forms I needed so the drop off was quick and they had my passport ready within 2 weeks. Would recommend.” – Matthew McCabe
“We had an opportunity to travel out of the country but realized our passports were expired and thought we wouldn’t be able to go. After a quick online search I found Swift. We used their 4-6 business day service. They were great about status updates and easing my worries when I called them to get some reassurance that we could have our passports on time. They obtained the passports for us in 4 business days and overnighted them to Utah a couple days before our departure date. Nice people and a company that delivered as promised. I highly recommend them if you need passports in a hurry.” – Scott Keeler
Swift’s New Non-Rush Passport Service
Though most of our travelers are in a hurry to get their passports issued for upcoming immediate travel, we now have a service to assist people who are not in a rush but need a little extra help getting the requirements together.
For only $59, travelers can come into our office and our knowledgeable team will assist with the following:
- Assistance completing all required government paperwork.
- Two passport photos guaranteed to be approved by the Passport Agency.
- Access to a passport expert who can answer all of your questions.
- Money order to pay the government fee (this fee is separate from our $59 service fee).
- We’ll book Passport Acceptance Agent appointments for you if your service requires an acceptance agent.
- We ship everything to the Passport Agency for you.
- Clear instructions on how to track the status of your application once it’s sent to the Passport Agency.
This service could come in handy for you if you plan on flying anytime after October 2020 when the REAL ID Act is put into place. Once the REAL ID Act is put into effect, you can still drive legally with your old (valid) license and use it as ID for other things – like paying for alcohol. But if you need to fly somewhere, you’ll need to provide another form of federally approved ID in order to board your flight, such as a passport.
Have Additional Questions?
If you have additional questions about our new drop-off/pick-up location in Los Angeles, California, about passport requirements, or anything else travel related, please don’t hesitate to contact us – our team of experts would be happy to help! No matter where you’re going, we’ll get you there!